Metamask is designed specifically used through the Ethereum network. That means you can only load with Ethereum. Not Ethereum classic or any other crypto. You can install it in Google browser, and also in Firefox add-ons to use it.
What is Metamask?
Simply say, MetaMask is a bridge or platform that will show you the distributed web of tomorrow in your browser. Without running a full Ethereum node it will allow you to run your Ethereum dApps in your browser.
Metamask includes providing a user interface as a secure identity vault to manage identities in different sites.
How to install Metamask on your browser?
Here, we have shown how to install it on your browser, a step-by-step guide process.
- Go to the Metamask official website here
- Click on “Get Chrome Extension” to install
- Click “Add to Chrome” in the upper right for extension
- Finally, to complete the installation, click “Add Extension”
Then, you will come to know when you have the fox logo of Metamask in the upper right corner of your browser. Moreover, for further instruction I will suggest you the following steps:
- When you click on the Fox Logo you will have a new tab. Now scroll down and click “Accept” to agree with MetaMask’s terms and conditions.
- Now fill the boxes with a strong password and click “Create”. Additionally, save your password in a safe place. Because you will need it to restore your wallet.
- In this process, you will see 12 words in a box. You must have to save them in a secure offline place. They are so important consequently.
- Finally, you have to save your seed words safely and now click I’VE COPIED IT SOMEWHERE SAFE” or “SAVE SEED WORDS AS FILE”.
That’s it, buddy. It is so simple to install and get access. Finally, you are ready to get access to your account. What is Metamask.
And before getting access through it, I want to let you know that Metamask, not itself is a fully created Ethereum wallet. Actually, Metamask is using for hot storage only. It will not work as MyEther Wallet.
- Open Source: Metamask code is online and free to access. Though you can improve your own version, but don’t do it. The community of this open-source software will review and update it.
- Hierarchical Deterministic Settings: It will help the users to back up their accounts. Because, it provides seed phrases as it has been described in Steps- 7 & 8. This seed phrase will help them to reset lost account information.
- Built-in coin purchasing: Two exchanges are directly linked to Metamask, from where you can buy Cryptocurrency. To purchase Ether, you can select Coinbase, and to buy Ether or ERC20 tokens, then you can select Shape-shift.
- Customer Support: To get more people being involved in Ethereum Network, it makes things easy for you and the users. On the homepage, it has a video introduction. Additionally, it has a detailed support page.
- Easy to use: It has a simple interface. All of its features are based on sending and receiving currency.
- Local Key Storage: As other Cryptocurrency exchanges provide cryptocurrency wallets to store keys on their server, Metamask does not work in the same way. It stores the keys on your own browser. Not any other remote server. That’s why it will give you more control over your public or private keys. Which is so great!
MetaMask Launch Mobile App
MetaMask now has a mobile application and recently the most download app. Recently, Lubin and incubator ConsenSys blockchain software firm worked to develop this since 2016. A number of people download this extension. Approximately the amount of this is more than 1, 000,000.
Recently Google Chrome allows users to rub ETH dex (DApps) in their browser. This also works as a web-based crypto wallet for Ethereum and ERC-20 tokens.
Finally, here you get about the Metamask, which is quite easier than other wallets and safe to use. So, what are you waiting for, buddy? Grab it now and get to access on your own account within a minute.
So in this article, we cover What is Metamask. It’s so funny! Huh! But, actually, it is.